Tuesday 25 May 2010

I can do it too !!

...headcollar Mousey, that is! I have done it three mornings running, in the stable and in the pen. I am dead chuffed to have achieved this. First time was under instruction from Paul, and you have to 'go for it' a bit, and if Mousey goes away a little , you just stay with her, and believe you are going to do it, and she accepts it going over her nose. I am flipping the head strap over, rather than going over her head with my hand. Don't think she will cope with that from me yet though Paul can do it, even outside in the open.

We will have to video this amazing progress.

The picture is from Open Day at the beginning of May; I'm interacting with Mousey and she has moved her nose very close to me to allow me to touch the side of her face rather than her muzzle. She does the 'magnet' thing which we've experienced before; you get quite close, and she suddenly sticks her face onto your arm, as if to get the moment of contact over with quickly. She is such a sweet pony and so pretty now in her summer coat.



To send a message or ask a question, please click on the 'comments' link below

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Well done you (and Paul, of course) and well done Mousey! It's lovely to hear of her progress. Looking forward to seeing you all again in July.

Hazel-Ann

Unknown said...

What a transformation, it is so good to see the progress. You and your team are doing a great job.
Sue