Wednesday 5 June 2013

Bisto Update

We've had an email today with a lovely update about Bisto from his owner Rachel:

"I just wanted to give you an update on Bisto (Busy). He has had a very busy few years, teaching my daughter to ride and then when Jess grew out of him Bisto went to live with a friend of mine for 2 1/2 years to teach her children to ride, off doing pony club events, beach ride and having a great time of it, now that they have grown out of him I had the chance to have him home again and I am now breaking him to drive, i coudnt bare for him to leave me again. He is taking to it so well that im expecting to have him driving by August, he is my pride and joy and im very proud of him."

What a wonderful report - we're so pleased that he's doing so well!

I'm sure Cilla will correct me on the details of this if I'm wrong, but Bisto was one of the first ponies at Horseford Farm in the very early days of the p4p project.  His Mum, Girlie, was one of the original wild herd ponies - she had caught their attention in the herd field because she was heavily pregnant but, worryingly, was in extremely poor condition.  Very concerned for her, Paul and Cilla managed to bring her back to the farm.  The vet wasn't sure if Girlie would make it or not, but he was keen to try to save Girlie and the soon to be foal.  No sooner had all that happened, that Girlie gave birth to Bisto, a tiny but perfectly formed foal.  I've managed to find some photos from 2003 of the young Bisto.  Very cute!






To send a message or ask a question, please click on the 'comments' link below

1 comment:

Cilla said...

What lovely news! Yes Girlie was in a bad way and was also very frightened of people (ear notched) but she had become too weak to resist, so we were able to gently help her. We all said Ahhh! when we saw the foal and that's why he was called Bisto - as in the old advert. Such a little scrap but with a big personality!